Checklist of things to bring
- Yourself (in reasonable condition)
- Tri-suit – Expatriés 2018 Team kit is available, purchase online and pick-up on the day
- Swim Cap
- Water bottle (preferably full)
What To Expect
Remember the goal is to do the whole thing as quickly as possible – including the transitions between the sport..!!..
– 300m in a 25m pool
– Tri-suit is a good idea, swim suits accepted, wetsuits banned
– Goggles and Swim Cap advised although not mandatory
– Fins, Flippers, Pull Buoys, Arm Bands and any other swim aides are forbidden
– You may not swim with your number attached
On exiting the water, you put on trainers and your bib number on your back
If you want to put socks on you can, but everyone will laugh at you….
– 7 km on a real bike linked to a KickR home trainer, with Ipad Air2 running Kinomap Software for course control.
– You will already have had a chance to set-up the bike to your height before the race
– Bring a bottle of water as this will make you perspire slightly !!
– The digital screen on the bike will count down from 7km agonisingly slowly as you pedal
Once you are done, you jump off the bike and head for the exit, you only have to remember to move your number to the front
The run starts with a few steps which the legs will certainly appreciate 😉
– 2.5 km in total from the piscine
– There will be several loops so you will be able to see who is just ahead and behind you
– The paths will not be closed to the public, but the route will be well marked
When you get back to the end, there will be free drinks and food for all competitors, but you will have to remember to start breathing again first
Your times will be made available almost instantly on a screen positioned by the refreshments tent, so you will know if you have qualified for the final straight away